British Airways has standardised its check-in and bag drop closure times at airports across its network.
- UK domestic and short haul customers are asked to check in and drop their bags is up to 45 minutes before departure.
- Long haul customers are asked to check in and drop their bags is up to one hour before departure.
Travellers flying with British Airways should check their timings before they travel. We recommend that you make plans to arrive at your departure airport in good time to meet these revised check-in times.
Essential travel information
You can check in online or on your mobile phone, from 24 hours and up to 1 hour, before your flight is scheduled to depart.
To find out check-in times at your departure airport, go to Manage My Booking. Click on your flight number, select ‘Check in’ and then click on ‘Other ways to check in’.
Check-in close times:
- London Heathrow – all flights 45 minutes before departure
- London Gatwick – all flights 45 minutes before departure
- London City – all flights 20 minutes before departure
- London Stansted – all flights 45 minutes before departure
- UK domestic airports – 45 minutes before departure
- Short haul European airports – 45 minutes before departure, except Lisbon (50) and Madrid (55)
- Long haul international airports – at least 60 minutes before departure, check Manage My Booking
- OpenSkies flights from Orly – 50 minutes before departure
You need have obtained your boarding pass before check-in closes or British Airways will be unable to accept you for your flight.
For further details about standardised check-in and bag drop times for British Airways flights booked through Ultimate Destinations, contact us on 01923 284148 – we will be delighted to be of service.