Prestige Holidays | Escorted Group Tour | 3rd – 12th November 2015
Price per person – £1,495 | Single Supplement – £350
Sicily is a beguiling land of contrasts. A wonderful climate, friendly people, superb food and wine, stunning landscapes and a heady mix of cultural attractions – Sicily has it all! Upon arrival in Sicily, although technically Italy, your senses tell you otherwise. This beautiful island’s rich and colourful past, colonised by the Greeks, Normans, Romans and Moors has given rise to an incredible land of diversity – from the fascinating ‘souks’ of Palermo and the tuna fisheries of Trapani to the majestic Greek temples of Agrigento and the baroque treasures of the south east.
During this ‘off the beaten track’ tour we visit and experience a range of Greek, Roman and Norman attractions intermingles with local flavour and colour – staying in parts of the more ‘authentic’ Sicily. Dining out in local trattorias means that you will really get a feel for the ‘real’ life in this bewitching island. Both the West and South/South East areas of Sicily will be covered, avoiding the main tourist resorts on the island.
- Visit Medieval Arabic hilltop town of Erice
- Visit the Greek temple and amphitheatre of Segesta
- Explore the medieval centre of Palermo
- Experience the Greek sites of Selinunte and Agrigento
- Guided tour of Roman Villa del Casale
- Guided tours of Monica, Scicli, Ortigia and Ragusa in the Baroque South East.
Included in the price
- Return flights from London Gatwick
- All ground transport and transfers
- Nine nights accommodation in 3 and 4 star hotels
- Three lunches and nine evening meals
- Services of our expert tour guide – Mark Powell
- Knowledgeable local guides