Our well-travelled travel consultant, Bob Mortimore recently visited the Caribbean islands of St Lucia and Mustique courtesy of Elegant Resorts. During his trip, he visited a series of beautiful hotels including East Winds St Lucia. Here are his travel notes from his visit. This is the third of a series of blog posts which detail Bob’s trip around the two islands.
About East Winds, St Lucia
East Winds is located on La Brelotte Bay, near to Rodney Bay Marina. This hotel is beautifully situated in 12 acres of tropical gardens which house an amazing variety of exotic flora. Perched on a pretty, secluded sandy beach, East Winds has been voted one of the best all-inclusive luxury resorts in the Caribbean; many clients return on a regular basis.
Scattered through the gardens are 30 stylish, bright bungalow-style rooms with covered patios. They all feature walk-in showers, ceiling fans or air conditioning, a tea and coffee maker and a fridge, which is replenished daily.
- The Superior Garden Cottage rooms are hexagonal in shape and have a private semi-circular patio. Each has either a king size bed or twin beds and can accommodate up to three adults or two adults and two children.
- De Luxe rooms are spacious in size, with a large bathroom with his and hers basins and a wide semi–open air shower. There is a small lobby with a wardrobe and dressing table plus cable TV and VCR. These rooms can also accommodate three adults or two adults and two children
- Two-bedroom De Luxe Garden Cottages are made up of two adjoining De Luxe Garden Rooms connected by an exterior door on the terrace. They feature the same bathroom, shower and lobby, a wide covered patio and can accommodate three adults or two adults and two children.
- Ocean View Rooms are located close to the beach and offer lovely balcony views of the ocean. Accommodating two adults, they are a little smaller in size from the other rooms and are elegantly presented with a shared private lounge.
- There is also a Mini Suite which accommodates up to three adults. It has a large private sun deck with ocean views, an outdoor shower, good sized bathroom and a small sitting room with cable TV and VCR.
The main restaurant at East Winds St Lucia is the Flamboyant Room and its cuisine has won several accolades and medals. This ocean-front restaurant is located next to the beach; reservations are not taken as it has been designed to ensure a table is always available. Dine here informally at breakfast and lunch; dinner is a smart casual affair.
Near the Flamboyant Room are a number of thatched gazebos, placed along the beach, ideal for that quiet, romantic lunch or dinner. Enjoy private dining and personal waiter service, both included in the all-inclusive rate.
The beach area and East Wind’s large swimming pool (with swim up bar) offer an all-day drinks and snack menu; in the evenings, there is often live music. The hotel also features an open air spa pavilion open four days a week. It has two private treatment rooms and offers a choice of yoga and pilates classes.
The hotel’s beautiful beach location enables this resort to offer hobie cat sailing lessons, snorkelling, stand-up paddle boarding and kayaking. More advanced water sports, such as scuba diving, can be arranged locally. You can also go whale watching or deep sea fishing.
East Winds St Lucia ticks lots of boxes for those that want complete relaxation at a lovely boutique resort-style holiday. It offers excellent, varied cuisine and accommodation and a Caribbean ambiance to match.
For more information about booking a Caribbean holiday at this lovely luxury hotel, contact Ultimate Destinations on 01923 284148.
During his Caribbean trip, Bob also visited Cap Maison, Jade Mountain, Sugar Beach, The Landings and The BodyHoliday, all on St Lucia and Cotton House on the island of Mustique. Bob travelled on this travel educational trip to St Lucia and Mustique with Elegant Resorts. Absolutely superb in every way, the hotels and fine hospitality he experienced were excellent. Bob would like to thank Jo Fenton, Sales Manager at Elegant Resorts for arranging such a fantastic trip along with Tim Maloney, Chris Holt, Vicky Arrowsmith and Debra Masters also from Elegant Resorts. He travelled to and from St Lucia with British Airways who operate an excellent service to this part of the world and with SVG Charters to and from Mustique. And a big thank you to all the hotel hosts and to Bob’s fellow travel colleagues who all made this trip a wonderful, unforgettable experience.