Our well-travelled travel consultant, Bob Mortimore recently visited the Caribbean islands of St Lucia and Mustique courtesy of Elegant Resorts. During his trip, he visited a series of beautiful hotels including BodyHoliday St Lucia. Here are his travel notes from his visit. This is the last of a series of seven blog posts which details Bob’s trip around the two islands.
About BodyHoliday, St Lucia
Located on the north-west tip of St Lucia, BodyHoliday is situated on Cariblue Beach, in 27 acres of tropical gardens. Offering an all-inclusive programme, this resort has a stunning beach location and offers fitness facilities, relaxation and pampering at the highest level.
Popular for weddings and honeymoons, BodyHoliday is a haven for the health conscious and active spirited seeking a sports based holiday: choose from a wide range of water sports along with cycling, jogging, aerobics, tai chi, archery, tennis, fencing, meditation hiking, Zumba, Pilates, yoga and golf. Alternatively, you could just relax on the pristine Cariblue beach and soak up the sun’s rays!
One of the major focal points of BodyHoliday St Lucia is its’ Wellness Centre: an award winning full Spa, perched up in idyllic surroundings above the main resort it features 33 treatment rooms. You can personalise your holiday around a course of treatments, focusing on nutritional habits, stress relief, weight loss, body toning and more. All guests get one complimentary treatment each day, based on their needs and objectives and there are a vast range of therapies. From massages and facials to courses of treatments, all are aimed at rejuvenating you by the time you leave.
BodyHoliday St Lucia has range of 155 luxury and elegantly furnished rooms, each with large four poster beds and French doors that open on to a balcony or terrace.
- Tastefully designed Standard Garden View rooms are the lowest priced rooms; the ground floor rooms have large bay to ceiling glass doors and feature a furnished terrace.
- Luxury Garden rooms overlook the garden and each open on to a furnished terrace or balcony.
- Luxury Ocean View rooms have ocean views and a balcony or terrace
- Luxury Ocean Front rooms are located adjacent to the sea.
- Grand Luxury Ocean Front rooms also have a generous sized furnished balcony overlooking the sea.
- The Grand Luxury Oceanfront Junior Suite enjoys the addition of a beautifully furnished sitting room and the Grand Luxury Ocean Front Suite is located on the top floor of a two story building, adjacent to the sea. Both of these suites have a bedroom and a separate living room, marble floors throughout, a large luxury bathroom and wet bar plus a double-sized furnished balcony.
- A private entry staircase leads to the fourth floor Penthouse Suite. This suite has an open floor plan and includes a large living area and wet bar. Dividing the living and bedroom is a free standing wall unit and there is a large luxurious bathroom with a tub for two. The penthouse also houses a unique steam room, a rain shower and a curved mosaic bench.
- And with a spectacular edge pool and jacuzzi, the Hibiscus Suite faces Pigeon Island and has beautiful sea views. It has three en-suite bedrooms, two furnished balconies; two of the bedrooms have inside and outside showers.
The all-inclusive programme operated by BodyHoliday includes breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner. Guests can enjoy unlimited premium brand drinks, selected wines and champagne by the glass. Full evening entertainment laid on.
Overlooking the beach,, the Cariblue Restaurant serves a buffet style breakfast and lunch. In the evenings, part of the buffet area transforms to the stylish and chic Cariblue Windows which provides a delicious tasting menu and wine pairing in cool, air conditioned comfort.
The Club House Bar opens from 09.00 am to 12.30 am and specialises in alcoholic and non- alcoholic cocktails and beverages, including premium brands; here you will find a custom designed 360 degree bar to enable easy viewing of the stage’s live entertainment. It is a popular view point to enjoy beautiful sunsets.
The Grill Pavilion, a new extension of the Club House Bar, is open daily for lunch and dinner. It offers good casual dining, serving a variety of Mediterranean cuisine – grilled foods, fish and has its own pizza oven. You can also visit the deli, open from 10.00 – 16.00, which offers lighter options such as speciality salads, gourmet sandwiches, fresh fruit, smoothies and juices.
The air-conditioned Piano Bar opens every day from 7.00pm and stays open until the last guest departs. It is a very comfortable, relaxing night spot and on most nights, a pianist plays the baby white Grand Piano.
And last, but by no means least, the Wine Salon is a walk in, sommelier managed wine cellar which show cases the resort’s fine and extensive selection of wines. Consultations are very much encouraged.
BodyHoliday is packed with great facilities: a secluded beach, three fresh water swimming pools, a jacuzzi, a fully equipped gym, two floodlit tennis courts, an archery range, meditation temple and a tree top fitness studio called the Zen Deck. There are classes include water aerobics, stretch and tone, Caribbean dance, daily walks and stress management, plus fitness sessions with a personal trainer. In addition, guests can make full use of the resort’s specialist beauty salon, a skin / body science clinic, spin studio and hydrotherapy pool. There is free Wi-Fi in all guest rooms and public areas.
BodyHoliday St Lucia is the perfect place to unwind, relax and get as fit as you want to. There is no pressure at all to get involved but there are numerous leisure activities on offer. If all you want to do is relax on the beach or around the pool then this is equally the place for you. A five star property with excellent restaurants, bars and good entertainment, many clients return every year.
For more information about a Caribbean holiday at Body Holiday St Lucia, contact Ultimate Destinations on 01923 284148.
During his Caribbean trip, Bob also visited Cap Maison, East Winds, Sugar Beach, The Landings and The BodyHoliday, all on St Lucia, along with Cotton Houseon the island of Mustique. Bob travelled on this travel educational trip to St Lucia and Mustique with Elegant Resorts. Absolutely superb in every way, the hotels and fine hospitality he experienced were excellent. Bob would like to thank Jo Fenton, Sales Manager at Elegant Resorts for arranging such a fantastic trip along with Tim Maloney, Chris Holt, Vicky Arrowsmith and Debra Masters also from Elegant Resorts. He travelled to and from St Lucia with British Airways who operate an excellent service to this part of the world and with SVG Charters to and from Mustique. And a big thank you to all the hotel hosts and to Bob’s fellow travel colleagues who all made this trip a wonderful, unforgettable experience.